Fuente: www.consultant-news.com Fecha: 05.12.2011
PARIS -- Atos, the international IT services company, announced that Ursula Morgenstern will be appointed as CEO for Atos UK & Ireland, and Group Executive committee member from January 1st, 2012.
Morgenstern, previously UK and Ireland Chief Operating Officer, will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of Atos in the UK & Ireland to ensure high quality service delivery to clients, and continued business growth.
Morgenstern will be replacing Keith Wilman who expressed his desire to retire from his position as UK & Ireland CEO. Wilman will be appointed Chairman for Atos UK & Ireland, a non-executive position from which he will support Morgenstern during 2012 – in particular in the field of strategic relationships with key customers. In addition, Wilman will become a special advisor to Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos. Breton said: “Ursula brings immense business experience and technology expertise and I am confident that she will continue the strong track record of Keith Wilman, to ensure further success in the UK and Ireland for Atos. She is assuming her role at an exciting time for the UK business, which grew in size by 50% following the integration of Siemens IT Solutions and Services earlier this year.”
Morgenstern joined Atos in 2002 through the acquisition of KPMG Consulting. Before assuming the role of UK Chief Operating Officer earlier this year, from 2009 Morgenstern was Senior Vice President responsible for Private Sector Markets, and from 2007 she was Senior Vice President responsible for Systems Integration. Prior to that, she held a variety of roles in Systems Integration including management roles for sectors, custom practices, and package solutions business units.
In the UK and Ireland Atos employs 10,000 business technologists who design, develop and manage the business processes and technology behind many of the core services that people use every day from:
• Supporting £450 million transactions on the UK rail network every year
• Allowing more than 6.4 million people to complete their tax return online
• Enabling £250 million of bookings every year for Premier Inn through their business account card scheme
• Managing over 50% of all referrals for initial hospital and clinic appointments in England through the Choose and Book programme
• Supporting more than 30 million MOT tests each year
• Compiling the football fixtures list for the English Premier League