Fuente: http://www.consultant-news.com Fecha: 29.9.2011
Atos included on FTSE sustainable index and ASPI Eurozone index
Atos, an international IT services company, is the latest company to be included in the FTSE4GOOD and the ASPI Eurozone indices in recognition of its leading environmental and social practices.
“Information Technology is the engine of sustainable progress for companies, organizations and society at large,” said Philippe Mareine, EVP General Secretary at Atos, in charge of Corporate and Social Responsibility. “We are delighted to be the only IT company added to FTSE’s sustainable indices during their September review, as well as having been included in the ASPI Eurozone indexes. We are absolutely committed to contributing to a future where businesses demonstrate responsibility towards society and the environment, and where technology is used to improve people‘s lives.”
Atos is committed to creating the Firm of The Future for itself and its clients. Recent accomplishments include:
• Atos is building one of the world’s most eco-efficient data center in Helsinki in cooperation with the Finnish company Academica Oy to deliver services to clients across Europe. The data center will use sea water for cooling and the heat produced by the datacenter is used to provide heating for more than 2000 households
• It is the first international IT Group offering Carbon Neutral hosting services in all its data centers
• Atos new headquarter belongs to the Top 3 most environmental friendly offices in Europe
• Atos measures its carbon footprint on an annual basis and realized a 16% reduction in its global carbon footprint over the past two years (at constant scope)
• As part of its Well Being @ Work program, Atos has the ambition to be a zero email company within three years
• First IT services company to join the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). In 2010 GRI awarded the Atos 2010 report its highest level qualification, A+
• Atos is signatory of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) - – to operate under universally recognized responsible business principles
• Developed a Sustainable Solutions portfolio – Ambition Carbon Free – that enable clients to transform to a sustainable business model
• Supporting a windmill turbine project in the Thar Desert in India which enables the use of renewable energy to reduce carbon emissions and which provides the local community with a clean water supply, facilitation of a vaccination program and reconstruction of a village school.
The FTSE4Good Index Series has been designed to objectively measure the performance of companies that meet globally recognised corporate responsibility standards. It is used by investors as a basis for creating index-tracking investments focusing on responsible investment. It is also a reference by which companies can assess their progress and achievement in this area, as well as a benchmark index to track the performance of responsible investment portfolios.
The ASPI Eurozone index selects the 120 listed companies in the Euro zone that got the best social responsibility rating.