Fuente: http://www.consultant-news.com Fecha: 22.2.2012
Atos introduces mobile solution for citizens to interact with city
PARIS, BARCELONA -- Atos, an international IT services company, has announced the first deployment of its MyCity solution with Barcelona City Council. Atos is committed to innovation and has a proven ability to deliver transactional services and mobile applications. Through Atos new suite of services, part of its expertise in HTTS (Hi-Tech Transactional Services), it aims to be a leading smart mobility solution provider, enabling clients to securely deliver context aware services based on a commercial model that uses transactional-based pricing, so pay-per-use. Atos is present at the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, from 27th February to 1st March, with the theme "aspiration to application" to discuss its innovations at Pavilion AV06 and to demonstrate the MyCity solution.
MyCity consists of several mobile applications that have been developed by Atos with a concrete roadmap to add new applications in the coming months. Atos not only develops these applications but also hosts them on their servers, hence avoiding deployments costs and offers a pay-per-use model. This is an innovative transactional model in which the IT partner Atos success depends on the customer’s success.
Some of the existing and upcoming mobile applications of MyCity to be used by citizens:
• FixThis - To report geo-located photo incidences with their smartphones. These incidences can be integrated in the Public Administration or a company for reporting and to take corrective actions.
• Next2Me - To look for nearby services classified in different categories, with optional use of augmented reality.
• City Transport - To consult the geo-located multimodal city transport availability and waiting times (metro, bus, tram, train, car parking, public bikes, etc.).
• iBiking - To help users to get the appropriate up-to-date cycling system information: user geo-location, station list, station status, map details.
• City Agenda - To search cultural and leisure events based in geo-location.
• City Traffic: To review in real time the traffic status and the webcams situated on the city.
• M-Parking - To find and pay public parking places in your city based in geo-location.
• City Beaches - To know the status and services offered by beaches in your city.
Manel Sanromà, CIO at Barcelona City Council said: “We have reaped a lot of success by offering MyCity services to our citizens and have received positive feedback. It clearly demonstrates that we have filled a need, a need of more connectivity and facilitate access to municipal services for the citizen at any time and from anywhere.”
Santi Ristol, Smart Mobility Director at Atos said: “The pioneer project deployed in Barcelona, is now inspiring other European cities, where Atos technologists are helping organizations to exploit and benefit from the latest advances in mobile technology, improved connectivity and the increase in availability of data. We are delighted that Barcelona City Council has achieved results with our solution and will continue to offer our services to help them stay ahead of market developments.”