Fuente: www.consultant-news.com Fecha: 08.04.2010
Deloitte named to 2010 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
Deloitte has been named to the 2010 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity, which recognizes visionary companies that demonstrate measurable diversity initiatives and results. Now in its 10th year, the annual ranking is determined from a comprehensive survey of diversity management practices and processes that include chief executive officer (CEO) commitment, human capital metrics, corporate and organizational communications and supplier diversity. A total of 449 companies applied for the 50 spots in the ranking.
"Our presence among the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity for the seventh time speaks to our commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that enables all of our professionals to succeed," said Barry Salzberg, chief executive officer, Deloitte LLP, who presented on "The Language of Leadership" at DiversityInc's 2010 event on March 9 in Washington, D.C.
"Deloitte recognizes the value of diversity and continues to work on improving its competitive position," said Luke Visconti, chief executive officer of DiversityInc. "There is a reason we asked Barry Salzberg to speak at our leadership event – he embodies a CEO who is totally committed to diversity as a strategic driver of Deloitte's business. He is visible in that commitment everywhere he goes."
Deloitte's leadership commitment to attract, retain and advance top diverse talent is put into action through a variety of career development programs that include:
• Breakthrough Leadership Program (BLP), a multidisciplinary professional development and mentoring program for high-performing minority managers and senior managers.
• A CEO Think Tank comprised of BLP graduates who meet with Deloitte CEO Barry Salzberg and other senior leaders to brainstorm new ideas related to diversity and inclusion and other key business issues.
• Leadership Development Program, a workshop for new Deloitte professionals that is designed to help them attain peak performance, sharpen their skills and create effective networking strategies.
• Career Sponsors, which helps rising leaders navigate Deloitte and their own careers, develop leadership skills, build professional networks and engage in interesting assignments through structured coaching relationships.
• Mass Career Customization, which enables all Deloitte professionals to dial up and dial down the intensity of their careers to fit their needs at various life stages.
• Women's Initiative (WIN), an award-winning program that focuses on developing and advancing women leaders.
"Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to the Deloitte talent experience, which encompasses the elements that make Deloitte a place where top talent can excel, grow and be valued for their contributions," added John Zamora, Deloitte's chief diversity officer. "Diverse talent and perspectives translate into innovative ideas that ultimately help our clients tackle challenging business issues while also maximizing our ability to compete in the marketplace for talent and for clients."
In addition to the 2010 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity, Deloitte was also named to the DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Asian Americans. The latest DiversityInc ranking follows a series of other industry awards and accolades that recognize Deloitte as a premier workplace. Deloitte recently received the 2010 Catalyst Award, honoring initiatives to advance women in the workplace; Bloomberg BusinessWeek named Deloitte No. 1 in its "Best Places to Launch a Career" and the "Best Places to Intern" rankings; Deloitte earned a Top Ten spot on Working Mother magazine's list of "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" and was named on Working Mother's "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" and FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list.