Ernst & Young LLP marks 40 years tabulating Golden Globe Awards
LOS ANGELES -- Ernst & Young LLP, a leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, and services to strategic growth markets, will once again tabulate and safeguard the results of the Golden Globe® Awards. This year marks the 70th anniversary of the awards, and the 40th year that the firm will oversee the voting and tabulation process for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards will be telecast live on NBC on Sunday, January 13, 2013, 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST from The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.
"During the past four decades, Ernst & Young LLP has confirmed that the Golden Globevoting process meets standards that support the integrity and security of the results," said Andy Sale , Ernst & Young LLP partner responsible for the 2013 Golden Globe® Awards. "With the globalization of entertainment, the importance of the award has greatly increased in recent years."
Some additional facts about the Golden Globes voting, balloting and tabulation process:
* Winners are known only to three senior Ernst & Young LLP professionals in advance of the telecast.
* The firm is also responsible for qualifying voting members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, confirming that their credentials are current and meet the standards set forth by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
* The firm oversees the entire voting process, beginning with the nomination ballots, and maintains control of the ballots until the telecast is over.
* Results are triple-checked to eliminate any margin of error.
* Winners' envelopes are assembled by the firm and are maintained exclusively under its control until they are handed directly to each celebrity presenter moments before they appear on-stage.
"Ernst & Young firms are advisors to some of the largest companies in the entertainment industry, and are relied upon for integrity, accuracy and an in-depth understanding of the business," said John Nendick , Global Media and Entertainment Leader for the Ernst & Young organization. "We're very proud of our 40-year affiliation with the Golden Globe Awards and our work on behalf of The Hollywood Foreign Press Association."