MI-BOSPO - Institution Building and Risk Management
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lending to banks
EBRD Western Balkans Multi-donor Fund
Type of contract
Type of notice
Invitation for Expressions of Interest
25 Feb 2009
18 Mar 2009 at 17:00, Tuzla time
BOSPO was established by the Danish Refugee Council ("DRC") in 1995, after the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina ended, as a humanitarian organisation focused on providing services to women of all ethnicities, out of which 70% were internally displaced persons. In 2000, this successful programme was registered as the Microcredit Organisation MI-BOSPO, an independent legal entity. In April 2008 the Microcredit Organisation was re-registered as a Microcredit Foundation and is now on its way to becoming a microcredit company.
2. Make recommendations on required changes to improve the identification and management of credit, operational, financial and market risks with respect to MI-BOSPO's current and future operations.
3. Make recommendations on how to implement and establish a risk management culture in the organisation, and advice on what processes and policies should be introduced for an efficient risk management.
4. Provide recommendations on the most adequate structure for the risk management department, taking into account the need to focus on portfolio risks in underwriting, monitoring and collections.
5. Review risk management reports now being generated and determine the resources required to produce best practice reports.
6. Review the asset liability management ("ALM") and operations of MI-BOSPO and make recommendations on potential improvements to the ALM process.
7. Assist MI-BOSPO to make changes to any policies and procedure manuals and conduct appropriate training for senior management and other staff engaged in report preparation and risk monitoring, including specific ALM and fraud training.
Maximum Budget available for the Assignment: EUR 90,000; Exclusive of VAT.
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such determination in their response to this notification. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element of the services directly to the consultant/s unless otherwise agreed
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed through the EBRD Western Balkans Multi-donor Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: The consultant shall be an individual or an individual expert proposed by a firm with at least seven years professional experience and qualifications in banking, MSME finance in transition countries and expertise in Risk Management. Extensive hands-on experience in managing a micro and small credit portfolio and/or credit risk management and very good knowledge of best practice, individual microfinance lending methodologies will be deemed an advantage.
One original copy should be submitted to the Executing Agency in an envelope marked "Expression of Interest for MI-BOSPO – Institution Building and Risk Management", to reach the Executing Agency not later than the closing date quoted above. Alternatively, respondents may submit their expressions of interest by email by the same closing date and time.
Bosne Srebrene bb
Bosnia & Herzegovina
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Note: Selection and contracting will normally be made from responses to this notification and will be subject to availability of funding.