This call is framed within the EU programme on "Prevention, Preparedness and Consequence Management of Terrorism and other Security Related Risks" for the period 2007-2013. This programme proposes accompanying financial measures for the implementation of EPCIP (the European Programme on Critical Infrastructure Protection) that is managed and coordinated by the European Commission Directorate General Freedom, Security and Justice.
Fuente: http://ec.europa.eu Publicación: 27.02.2009
The 2009 call for proposals aims the funding of co-financed projects (maximum funding: 70% of the total eligible costs). The deadline for submission of proposals is 27 February 2009. Projects must be submitted by bodies and organisations established in the Member States with legal personality. Applications from natural persons are not eligible. Bodies and organisations which are profit oriented may submit projects only in conjunction with non-profit oriented or state organisations and the project susceptible to be awarded a grant must present a non-profit budget.
The call for proposals contains priority lines of direct interest for the ICT sector. Among those, we draw your attention to the priority lines concerning:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of a large-scale pan-European exercise to test Internet contingency plans.
- A study on public-private partnership initiatives to enhance security and resilience of fixed and mobile telecommunications as well as the Internet.
- The development of national business cases for the implementation of priority communications capability on public networks to ensure that critical users can make vital communications on public networks in case of crisis.
Directorate General Information Society and Media (DG INFSO) has defined the scope of these three specific activities as they will contribute to the implementation of the forthcoming European Commission's initiative on Critical Information Infrastructures Protection.
- Up-to-date information on the financial scheme
- Any questions concerning this call for proposals, may be sent by e-mail or by fax (+ 32 2 299 82 15)
- Questions concerning the scope and background of the three sub-mentioned priority lines, may be sent to valerie.andrianavaly (at) ec.europa.eu
- More information on our current activities with regards the protection of Critical Information Infrastructures