|Project name||Regional: Enhancing Regulatory Framework for Energy Efficiency in Built Environment|
|Business sector||Energy Efficiency|
|Type of contract||Consultancy Services|
|Type of notice||Invitation for Expressions of Interest|
|Issue date||16 Jan 2009|
|Closing date|| |
13 Feb 2009
Assignment Description: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD" or the "Bank") intends to engage a consultant to review existing standards and advise on the up-grade of energy performance standards in the building sector in Moldova and Kyrgyzstan.
The main objective of the assignment is to reinforce energy efficiency requirements/solutions in the national building standards, codes and construction regulations in both countries.
- Analytical work:
i) desk review of existing energy performance standards, regulations and construction procedures in the building sector of a given country; and
ii) preparation of draft recommendations on the up-grade and revision of standards, regulations and procedures in light of experience in the EU countries, international standards ISO, EN as well as European policies in the field (Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, Energy Service Directive);
- Preparation of tools and instruments in order to demonstrate/reinforce sustainable efficiency gains in the building sector (calculation spreadsheets, benchmark matrix, energy rating scales, performance indicators, etc);
- Capacity building: enhancing awareness of energy efficiency requirements/solutions aimed at national and regional institutions through training, round tables, conferences, seminars, media campaigns and publications.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: It is anticipated that the assignment will start in the second quarter of 2009 with an estimated duration of 18 months. The assignment will initially focus on one country, with an estimated budget of EUR 280,000; exclusive of VAT.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the assignment will be financed through the EBRD's Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The consultant will be a firm or a consortium of firms that can demonstrate capability to undertake this assignment and competence in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of building regulations and standards in at least one of the two countries and of international standards (ISO, EN);
- Extensive experience of design/up-grade of national or international standards and regulations;
- Good knowledge of legal procedures for transposition of standards and regulations in the EU;
- Team of qualified experts, including those with extensive engineering and research experience;
- Previous involvement with energy efficiency institutions in the building sector of either country would be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate in the local languages or knowledge of the Russian language would be desirable.
- details of experience or similar assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including their locations;
- CVs of staff who could be available to work on the assignment.
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7123
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451