We are pleased to invite you to attend the second seminar in the series, on the theme "Financing for Research & Development", which will take place at the Hotel Silken Berlaymont in Brussels on 14th December 2006, 10h00 – 16h00.
Attendance at this event is FREE.
The programme is attached. This seminar will be conducted in ENGLISH.
What will you learn?
EIB experts will present current and upcoming financing instruments, under the 6th and 7th Framework Programmes, including the new initiative entitled the "Risk-Sharing Finance Facility" (RSFF). The procedures by which proposals are submitted and assessed will be explained. Participants will have the opportunity to actively contribute comments and questions, share experiences, and to network.
Who should attend?
• Small, medium and large companies working on, or wishing to work on, R&D projects in the eligible countries (see below)
• Universities and education bodies involved in R&D projects
• Public and private research centres
• Officials of Institutions concerned with research & development policy
• Think tanks
Within the EU’s "Lisbon agenda" to generate economic growth, employment and social cohesion, is the goal to create a European Research and Development Area.
The EIBs "Innovation 2010 Initiative" (i2i) supports investment in R&D by financing –
- Public R&D programmes
- Private sector participation in public research
- The establishment of centres of R&D excellence (with priority to projects in lesser developed regions of the Union)
- Intangible investments (for example, research costs and patent applications, particularly for SMEs)
The geographical areas eligible for support under i2i are :
- the EU-25 Member States (priority is given to assisted areas and cohesion countries)
- the Accession countries – Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Turkey
- the Western Balkans
Research Funding for Universities
The EIB-Universities Research Action covers three programmes :
- EIBURS – a university research sponsorship programme, providing grants to university research centres working on topics of major interest to the Bank
- STAREBEI – a programme for financing young researchers working on joint EIB-university projects
- EIB university networks – a sponsoring mechanism for university networks
Please complete the attached registration form.
Venue & Accommodation
Accommodation can be booked directly with the Hotel Silken Berlaymont – Boulevard Charlemagne 11-19, B-1000 Brussels, tel.:++32 (0)2 231 09 09, fax:++32 (0)2 285 41 78, www.hotelsilkenberlaymont.com
Getting to the hotel :
We look forward to welcoming you at this event.
Else Groen Jan Van der Putten
FEACO Secretary-General EFCA Secretary-General
Ave des Arts 3/4/5 Ave des Arts 3/4/5
B - 1210 Brussels B - 1210 Brussels
Phone: +32 (0)2 250 06 50 Phone: +32 (0)2 209 07 70
Fax: +32 (0)2 250 06 51 Fax: +32 (0)2 209 07 71
European Federation of European Federation of
Management Consultancies Engineering Consultancy
Partners for the Seminar Series
The European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations has member associations in 27 countries, and represents engineering consultancy and related services, a sector that employs some 700,000 staff in Europe. http://www.efcanet.org
The European Federation of Management Consulting Associations covers 23 countries and represents over 3,500 firms in Europe, employing some 700 000 staff in Europe, representing over 50% of the management consultancy market. http://www.feaco.org