Paris, June 18, 2007 -
Atos Worldline, an Atos Origin company has won a contract to upgrade, manage and operate the automated call system of Lyonnaise des Eaux, a unit of the Suez Group. Previously used to generate outbound calls to alert customers in the event of a public health crisis, the system’s capabilities will now be extended to communications campaigns targeting both consumer and business customers.
One of France’s largest drinking water utilities, Lyonnaise des Eaux wanted to upgrade its automated outbound call system to improve and optimize delivery of messages via multiple channels (voice, SMS, MMS, fax and e-mail). The system is currently used both for crisis communications and to provide general information for consumer and business customers.
Lyonnaise des Eaux has selected Atos Worldline’s "Smart Push" solution, which sends bulk messages by SMS, MMS, e-mail, fax or voice calls.
"The rich functionalities delivered by Atos Origin’s multichannel solution make it ideally suited to the different types of information Lyonnaise des Eaux wants to communicate to customers concerning their local water services," said Stéphane Cordier, Director of Operations for Lyonnaise des Eaux (Suez Group). "The new system will therefore help us to deepen and personalize our customer relationships."
Lyonnaise des Eaux will leverage the "Smart Push" automated multichannel contact application for a variety of uses:
* Send out alerts concerning potential public health problems to a target population in less than an hour.
* Notify customers in the event of technical incidents impacting the public drinking water network.
* Personalize customer relationships by sending an SMS, about maintenance work, for example, or to confirm an appointment.
Atos Worldline boasts 20 years experience in designing and executing multichannel alert campaigns. Its modular, open-ended solution developed for Lyonnaise des Eaux delivers multiple benefits:
* An industrial-strength, certified hosting platform for critical and/or high-traffic applications.
* A high-security operating environment with maximum uptime (24/7), able to accommodate heavy traffic applications characterized by sharp variations and very demanding performance criteria.
* Hands-on support from specialists to guarantee swift responsiveness in implementing service enhancements.
* User-friendly management and administration tools for initiating campaigns, programming campaign settings and verifying results via statistics, summaries and reports.
Lyonnaise des Eaux has access to a Web interface used to monitor current, completed and upcoming campaigns, showing details on execution and status. Reporting includes real-time statistics as well as comprehensive end-of-campaign summaries, plus summary reports for each contact addressed by the campaign.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are EUR 5.4 billion and it employs 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Euronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Atos Worldline, an Atos Origin company
Atos Worldline is a major European player in the processing of large-volume electronic exchanges, specialising in electronic payment services, CRM and e-services (internet, voice and mobile services). With the focus on technological innovation, Atos Worldline implements its solutions in processing or integration mode. On December 7th 2006, Atos Origin announced the acquisition of Banksys and Bank Card Company (BCC), creating a European leader in Payment Services, with combined pro forma 2006 revenues of EUR 630 million and 4,000 employees.
About Lyonnaise des Eaux
Lyonnaise des Eaux, a subsidiary of the Suez Group with over 8,600 employees, provides drinking water for 14 million people and treats wastewater for more than 9 million inhabitants in France. The company puts its customers at the heart of its concerns, by planning operations and projects in line with sustainable development.
Tel : + 33 1 55 91 20 52