Fuente: www.consultant-news.com Fecha: 25.03.2010
PwC launches personal brand ebook for students and career centers nationwide
A new Personal Brand eBook is available to help college students across the country develop their personal brands and stand out in a crowded job market, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) announced today. The Personal Brand eBook contains numerous tips, insights and worksheets that enable students to thoughtfully identify, develop and promote their individual strengths and skills. PwC is also making the eBook available - free of charge - to all colleges and universities in the United States, where it can be shared with students as a job search resource.
Complimentary copies of the eBook can be obtained through facebook.com/PwCUSCareers or downloaded directly from pwc.tv.
As one of the largest employers of college graduates in the United States, PwC has unique insights into what makes students stand out. These insights are organized as sections in the eBook, including:
• "The foundation of your personal brand" – Establishing a basic introduction of who you are and what you are looking for is crucial for building relationships and promoting one's skills;
• "The power of passion" – Having passion is attractive to recruiters and demonstrates traits such as commitment, well-roundedness and enthusiasm;
• "Relationships & mentoring" – Understanding that your network can begin with one's friends and family is the first step in extending those relationships;
• "Social media & your career" – Having an appropriate online presence can have an impact on future employers and colleagues. The best student personal brands include a professional and appropriate online presence;
• "Career Momentum" – Understanding how to answer "Where do you see yourself in five years?" is crucial to acing a job interview.
"We received an overwhelmingly positive response to Personal Brand Week, and are fulfilling our promise to share our best personal branding tips and worksheets through this eBook," says Holly Paul, national recruiting leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers. "We encourage everyone to leverage the insights during everyday interactions, use the worksheets to become more aware of their skills and take actions each and every day to create their own unique personal brand."
The eBook launch follows PricewaterhouseCoopers' successful Personal Brand Week campaign, which was conducted in February. The campaign, heavily promoted through social media channels, generated a large volume of tips and advice from the social media community. Several of the best insights have been included in the new eBook.
Please visit PwC at facebook.com/PwCUSCareers and twitter.com/pwc_us_careers for additional information on Personal Brand Week and to add your thoughts and comments.