Opportunity Microcredit Romania ("OMRO") was set up in 1995 as the first microfinance organisation in Romania. OMRO's Headquarters are based in Targu Mures. The institution has a strong presence in Central Romania with 9 branches. OMRO is a member of Opportunity International.
OMRO intends to select and engage a consultant (the "Consultant") to assist in strengthening its credit risk management function and credit processes; and to establish a formal credit training programme (the "assignment"). The Consultant will pay special attention to strengthening implementation mechanisms from the Head Office to the branch level. The Consultant selected to undertake this assignment is required to:
1. Establish a formal credit risk department that effectively controls all aspects of risk related to OMRO's lending operations (credit risk management).
2. Review the entire credit cycle from application, analysis, approval, disbursement, monitoring, collection and recovery and to formulate and implement an action plan to address any proposed enhancements.
3. Formalize loan officer training within OMRO; produce training materials; and train loan officers and trainers.
The Consultant is expected to be on-site for a total of six months.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The assignment is expected to start on 1 February 2009 with the duration of eight months.
Maximum Budget available for the Assignment: EUR 94,000.00; Exclusive of VAT
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such determination in their response to Notification of Assignment. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element of the services directly to the consultant/s unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: This assignment will be financed through the Romania Microcredit Facility Technical Cooperation Programme
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions; however consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant shall be an individual or an individual expert proposed by a firm, who can demonstrate the following experience and expertise:
- At least 7 years work experience in a professional microfinance or small and medium-sized enterprise ("SME") finance environment;
- Excellent knowledge of best practice, individual microfinance lending methodologies;
- Extensive hands-on experience in managing a micro and small credit portfolio and/ or credit risk management;
- Experience in training and coaching of loan officers and developing training programs;
- A solid track record in providing microfinance consultancy services, preferably in transition economies;
- Romanian language skills are an added advantage.
If a firm proposes an expert, the evaluation will be based on the skills and experience of the individual expert and not the firm.
Submission Requirements: Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest. The information submitted should include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Full contact details - please use the form to be accessed at http://www.ebrd.com/oppor/procure/opps/contact_sheet.doc.
- Expert's curriculum vitae.
Responses to the notification (not exceeding 10 pages excluding CVs, no response shall exceed 2 MB) are to be submitted in English marked "Expression of Interest : OMRO – Credit Risk Management Support", by email only to the two contact persons below no later than the closing date quoted above.
Chairman of the Board of OMRO
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Tel: + 44 207 338 7657
Note: Selection and contracting will normally be made from responses to this notification. The consultant will be selected from a shortlist, subject to availability of funding.